Shelter:Curley Maple Gap
|Shelter||Curley Maple Gap|
|Trail Head Distance N||4.1 Miles|
|Trail Head Distance S||4.2 Miles|
|Nearest Medical||Erwin, TN|
|Show Large Map|
Renovated October 2010 to expand the sleeping capacity to 14 with a second loft under a new roof.
Trail-south of Unaka Mountain between Iron Mountain Gap and Nolichucky River.
A spring is located 100 feet trail-south on AT.
- Oct 2010: Remodeled by TEHCC with LL Bean grant providing new materials. About only original structure saved was first four courses of block and sleeping platform. Sleeping capacity was expanded with upper sleeping platform and covered eating area was added. newsletter article 
- Oct 1993: Pop riveted three sections to the roof, painted roof.
- Apr 1993: Worked on roof, installed picnic table, removed privy that was in violation.
- 1992: Replaced one piece of tin that was causing leaks, and painted shelter inside and out.
- 1961: Original shelter built by US Forest Service.
|Shelter name||Section||Trail distance from Damascus|
|Abingdon Gap Shelter||US421 to Damascus||10.2|
|McQueens Knob Shelter (emergency shelter)||US421 to Damascus||11.7|
|Double Springs Shelter||TN91 to US421||18.5|
|Iron Mountain Shelter||Wilbur Dam Rd to TN91||26.1|
|Vandeventer Shelter||Wilbur Dam Rd to TN91||32.9|
|Watauga Lake Shelter||Dennis Cove Rd to Wilbur Dam Rd||40.1|
|Laurel Fork Shelter||Dennis Cove Rd to Wilbur Dam Rd||48.7|
|Moreland Gap Shelter||US19E to Dennis Cove Rd||57.3|
|Mountaineer Falls Shelter||US19E to Dennis Cove Rd||66.9|
|Overmountain Shelter (Yellow Mountain Barn)||Carver's Gap to US19E||84.9|
|Stan Murray Shelter||Carver's Gap to US19E||86.8|
|Roan High Knob Shelter||Iron Mountain Gap to Carver's Gap||92.0|
|Clyde Smith Shelter||Iron Mountain Gap to Carver's Gap||100.5|
|Cherry Gap Shelter||Indian Grave Gap to Iron Mountain Gap||109.6|
|Curley Maple Gap Shelter||Nolichucky River to Indian Grave Gap||122.4|
|No Business Knob Shelter||Spivey Gap to Nolichucky River||132.9|
Per the 2016 AT Data Book.