Grayson Highlands State Park
Great state park has several hiking trails to panoramic vistas and scenic waterfalls with also connections to the Appalachian Trail.
From Bristol, TN
- Follow I-81 north to Exit 35.
- Take Exit 35, turn right onto Va. 762, which becomes Va. 600 at blinking light.
- Follow Va. 762/600 12 miles to intersection with Va. 603.
- Continue south on Va. 600 after "dogleg" around businesses and reach U. S. 58 in about 8 miles.
- Turn left onto U. S. 58 east for about 10 miles to Grayson Highlands State Park (pay entry fee).
The Scales area can be directly accessed from the north side of the park.
Overall Park Map
Fees, Hours, Restrictions
Daily parking fee for passenger vehicles into VA state parks is $2 weekdays, $3 weekends.
The following trails are available in Grayson Highlands State Park.
|Appalachian Spur Trail||1.0||Medium||Blue|
|Cabin Creek Trail||1.9 loop||Hard||Yellow|
|Listening Rock Trail||2.0 loop||Hard||Yellow|
|Rock House Ridge Trail||1.4 loop||Medium||Blue|
|Seed Orchard Road||1.3||Medium||Red|
|Stampers Branch Trail||2.0||Medium||Yellow|
|Twin Pinnacles||1.6 loop||Medium||Red|
|Wilson Creek Trail||1.8 loop||Hard||Red|
A recommended 11.6 mile loop hike would involve the AT, Wilburn Ridge, and Scales trails.
Park website link