ClubWiki:Creating a Trail
From TEHCC Wiki
Steps to creating a new trail (or filling out a referenced one that has no page)
- See if the trail name already exists, search the site, browse the map, or browse the trail list
- If you found it at one of those locations but the link is red or when you click the link, it says no page resides there then click 'Create' and start adding
- If the trail cannot be found at either location then simply 'browse' to it by going to the address bar and substituting the current page name with the trail name page
- POLICY: This wiki will not list trails on private land unless the owner has given global permission for all groups to use. Trail listing must have specific contact information, including person's name and telephone number.
- For the trail page go to Template:Trail and copy the source over to your new trail page and fill out as described in the comments
- An existing completed trail is always a good reference to help understand how to edit. Warriors Path - Sinking Waters will try to be kept up to current standard for copying from.
- Options for ClubWIKI:Trail Use symbols
- Trail difficulty guidelines ClubWIKI:Difficulty Rating
- Add the appropriate categories, to see the categories currently used go to ClubWIKI:Categorization Plan to read how we're using categories
- Upload photo and add captions to the gallery images on the page to help people know what they're looking at.