Yet another week and we have you covered on all fronts. Hiking, flat water paddling, rapids paddling, and backpacking trips abound! Have a great Memorial Weekend.
- 4 days of backpacking in the Smokies
- Annual Bluestone River trip (camp and CL I-III paddling)
- Flat water day trip exploring the Holston River
- Buffalo Mountain Park Day
As usual check our schedule for the details.
Unfortunately if you weren’t there, you missed HardCore 2011. The work on Pond Mountain was tough but the sense of accomplishment of making trail in those conditions is great. Full write up coming soon. This week it looks like you have some good opportunities to learn and have fun.
- Wildflower Hike to Grassy Ridge on Wednesday starting in the morning
- Club meeting at Eastman (open to outsiders) on Wednesday, main topic the new Trail Wiki
- Hike for your Heart in Bristol on Saturday, a chance to hike and raise money
- Hike Big Yellow Mountain to Little Hump! on Saturday. The details are scarce, but the notice says a celebration about a partnership between Highland Brewing Co., USFWS, and SAHC with refreshments at the end of the hike. Just saying!
Get all of the details from our schedule page.
Wow! Do we have you covered this weekend! Take your pick. Whitewater or flatwater paddling, the infamous Damascus Hard Core, or the always reliable Collins Chew and his Friday Hikers. Check out the schedule for all of the details.
- 2011 Nolichucky Hometown Throwdown Event
- Moonlight paddle on South Holston or Watauga Lake
- Friday Hikers
- Damascus Hard Core 2011 – Look for me here!
You’ve got chances to learn how to lessen your impact on the outdoors during your adventures and a great sounding camp/hike/paddle adventure. Have some fun out there!
- SEFTC Leave No Trace Trainer Course – jay@jayDphotos.com or southeastfoottrails.org
- French Broad/Hot Springs Camp & Paddle – email@example.com
Check out our calendar for more details
Help out our friends at Warriors Path State Park this weekend on Saturday. They need help from experienced and those just wanting to help out one of our great local parks. They’ll be doing work on their hiking trails, disc golf course, and mountain bike trails. Contact Kevin Barham, firstname.lastname@example.org, for details.
We hope everyone had a great weekend. Just one extra thing this week other than the routine Tuesday maintenance outing and Collin’s Friday hikers. The last weekend of the local mountain bike association’s trail building exercise at Bays Mountain Park. If you want to help build the trails that you enjoy on your mountain bike, here’s your chance. Check out the schedule for details.
We have something for everyone this week, hiking, paddling, and maintenance. I hope you can find something that suits you. If not, plan a trip yourself and get it on the schedule.
Check out our schedule for the details and have a great week!
Two things for you this week, two full weekend events.
- NOC A.T. Founder’s Bridge Festival
- Fontana Lake Paddle/Camp Weekend
Read more for the trip details Continue reading “The Week Ahead – April 4th Edition”