The doldrums of winter are starting. Only one event reminder for this week.
I’ll also remind everyone that we’re less than two weeks away from our trial of “something different,” the Fall EXPO on Saturday November 14th. A day of hiking, paddling, gear, food, learning, and fellowship. Help make this day a success by letting us know if you like the idea. The most clear way is to show up and participate but if you can’t make it, send us a message.
Were you busy last weekend? Want some outdoors fun this weekend?
- Paddle to the Grill on Thursday
- Konnarock Crew all weekend – AT Maintenance doing a relo on Beartown Mt
- Class I/II white water on Saturday
- [[Carver%27s Gap to US19E|Carver’s Gap]] to Grassy Ridge on Sunday
That’s a busy weekend! Check out the Schedule for the details.
Hey, two weeks in a row. New record!
It’s mix up week! We have paddling on National Trails Day on Saturday and a hike at Warrior’s Path on Sunday. Get out and have fun!
See the Schedule for more details.
The return of The Week Ahead!
We got a hike at Bays Mountain to the antennas this weekend on Sunday. See the original posting for more information.
You may be thinking that with Fall quickly approaching (or is it here already?) the activities will be slowing down. Well they have according to our schedule, except for our Fall Dinner this Friday of course. Rehash your summer adventures with friends and good food from Firehouse Restaurant. Stick around for (or come just for) Toney Scales as he discusses the Southwest Virginia Trilogy: Natural Tunnel, the Breaks, and Cumberland Gap. Details in the newsletter.
Is it too hot for hiking? Would everyone prefer to be on the water instead? We have a lot of water events but only the reliable Colins Chew and his Friday Hikers doing a foot based event. We do rely on our members (any member) to organize and list events, so if you have an idea please email email@example.com and we’ll work with you to arrange it and get it on the calendar.
- Paddle to the Grill on Thursday
- Friday Hikers
- NOC Canoe Club Challenge on Saturday
- Explore the Holston River (flat-water series) on Saturday
- Watauga Class I-II on Saturday
- 2011 Nantahala Hometown Throwdown Event #4
As usual, get the details on the Schedule.
It’s summertime and I bet it’s busy for a lot more people than me. We’ve got lots of adventure to satisfy your weekend needs.
- The usual Thursday paddle to the grill and Friday Hikers
- Konnarock Crew continues their major undertaking
- A Cl1-2 trip down the Watauga River
- The already full annual Mt LeConte trip
Check out the schedule for the details.
We have fun things for you to do this weekend. But, hey hikers! The paddlers are really showing you up, please help to get hike events on the schedule. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any plans for events and we’ll get them on the calendar.
- Konnarock Crew continues their work on Hughes Gap to Cloudland
- Thursday evening “Paddle to the Grill” is in full swing
- NOC Canoe Club has a challenge for you
- Explore the Holston (flat water series)
- Watauga River Class I-II trip
Check out the schedule for all of the “deets”!
Holy Cow! Summer is here. Did you miss out on HardCore? Want to give back to the community this weekend? Well then we have lots of chances for you.
- Konnarock Crew is working a trail relocation on Roan Mountain
- Appalachian Paddling Enthusiasts will be hosting the Nolichucky River Cleanup
As always the Schedule has the details. Plus Saturday is National Trails Day so get out, give back, and have fun this weekend!